Welcome to MAST
This website provides you information about the Master in Aerospace Science and Technology of the UPC -Barcelona Tech. This Master's Degree gives you advanced training in the sciences and technology that are currently most widely used in the fields of aeronautics and space. The Master program includes the study of theoretical and practical groundwork, techniques, methods and processes of current use in aerospace research.
The whole program consists of a total of 90 ECTS credits distributed in three semesters of 30 credits each. Students may enrol the program in September (mostly recommended) or February. Fall semester is devoted to mandatory courses and spring semester to elective courses. Once students have completed 60 credits in courses, the Master Thesis (30 credits) is performed at a University department or at an aerospace company.
Graduates from this Master's Degree will be experts qualified to work in:
- University departments, institutes or research centres in order to produce a doctoral thesis.
- R&D&I departments in industry in the aerospace field or similar.
Lectures are scheduled Monday to Friday from 16.00 with special sessions in other time frames, some of them in the morning.
Lectures take place mainly at the UPC Campus in Castelldefels (Castelldefels School of Telecommunication and Aerospace Engineering).
This Master is organized by the UPC Castelldefels School of Telecommunication and Aerospace Engineering (EETAC) with the collaboration of the Centre National d'Études Spatiales (CNES), the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
- UPC researchers, in collaboration with the companies COMSA and GMN, create a new material from textile fibres of old tyres
- Brazil, Spain and Australia join forces to revolutionise biodiversity monitoring in the Amazon
- UPC technology in the design of a road safety barrier that reduces maintenance costs and the impact of accidents
- The leading Spanish university in Horizon 2020 funding
- The UPC investigates how to generate resources from urban wastewater